We’re on the hunt for a super-talented front end developer to join our growing team in Shoreditch. Looking for a new role? Check out the job description below then send us your CV if you think you fit the bill!
About Ormsby Street
Ormsby Street is an award winning Shoreditch-based digital software-as-a-service company which helps small businesses make big decisions.
We’re a team of seasoned professionals with the fresh approach and end-to-end ownership of a small-team startup, coupled with the established income and support network of a more established firm. We all enjoy working in a small, exciting collaborative environment that encourages innovation and contribution from everyone.
Our initial product, CreditHQ has been launched to help small businesses understand who they’re trading with so they can get paid on time and focus on growing and running their business. Our products are used by nearly 30,000 customers in the UK, US and Italy, with further territories due for release before the end of 2015 and into 2016.
We’re now looking for a highly skilled and motivated Product Designer/Front End Developer to join our high-performing team as we set out to change the way in which small businesses make decisions about who to do business with.
About the role
Reporting to the Head of Product, you will be responsible for the overall look and user experience for an innovative and rapidly growing suite of digital tools for small business.
- You’ll work with our analyst and customers to determine the best possible user experience encompassing desktop, mobile, integrated and brand experiences.
- You’ll use “lean startup” techniques to create core features and then iterate to discover the optimum approach for each customer goal.
- You’ll create front-end code for all aspects of the product and work with external support where required to deliver these to our engineering team for implementation.
- You’ll work with the data scientist, analyst and head of marketing to analyse the performance of variants of each feature to determine the best approach.
- You’ll work with the engineering team to ensure that completed designs for the product are executed to the highest possible visual quality
- You’ll have a clear track record of success in creating outstanding digital user experience for SaaS products across desktop and mobile platforms.
- You’ll understand the nature of rolling out products around the globe and tailoring them for local markets or channels.
- You’ll be comfortable working on things from new sign-up flows to emails
- You’ll be well used to working in a small collaborative team and working with iterative processes in an Agile environment.
- You will be responsible for determining your day and working with the team to deliver the sprint goals, so you must be able to manage your own workload.
- Our core products involve the presentation of financial data to small businesses in a clear and simple way, so you’ll need to be able to demonstrate how you’ve helped overcome the challenges of data presentation and usability.
- You will be available for an interview here in London and eligible to work in the UK.
We’re passionate about our product and the experience of our users and we’re looking for someone for whom this is also a big plus. We have regular team nights out from quizzes to table football (good fussball skills a distinct advantage!) and checking out the latest burger pop-ups in the area.
Please provide all relevant links: Github account, online portfolio and anything you think that we should see.
Email your CV to: email@example.com